The Kobo reader is the Chapter's Books response to the digital invasion of the ebooks.
In one of my assignments, analyzing the eReader market, I concluded that Kobo is the Toyota of the eReaders. Definitely Kindle has the top marks in design, although I have to use one to find shortcomings as I will present my complaints and suggestions to Kobo's designers.
Thanks !
In one of my assignments, analyzing the eReader market, I concluded that Kobo is the Toyota of the eReaders. Definitely Kindle has the top marks in design, although I have to use one to find shortcomings as I will present my complaints and suggestions to Kobo's designers.
- The bad - The price is no longer an advantage. When I bought mine, the difference in price between Kindle and Kobo was almost 100$. Currently Kindle is at the same price level. Several studies discovered that under 100$ price is the tipping point for mass adoption for ereaders.
- The good - The price/performance/options is good enough for above average users.
- The bad - I am annoyed to have the same set of celeb's sayings displayed when I start reading. Let me allow to change them.
- The bad - I can navigate only page by page. You can add a scale to jump in tens or hundreds of pages. When you share the reader and your spouse is reading the same book it becomes .....
- Would Like - Sometimes I need to have the clock displayed all the time instead of navigating off from what I read
- Would Like - The slot for SD is the only place I am worried whenever I read on beach. Can you sell an add-on for 7.99 which costs .99 to alleviate my panic that sand will flood my Kobo? I found a plug for the mini-usb connector.
- Would Like - Can you create the option to move books in different shelves? Currently I have only two - All and Reading.
Thanks !
Comments