Photography by Gabi, August 2020, Niagara on the lake, Ontario
If you are interested in photography probably you have been browsing some of the storing/managing/commercializing photo platforms - 500pix, Unsplash, Photo.net, Dpreview, etc..
From time to time, they ask you if you want to send photos encompassing an idea or a concept, like - B&W in the city, Smiles, Dancing, Blazing light, Winter dreams, etc...
The concept is not new and even for film-makers they have those spread over time periods when an idea is coming to fruition based on an urge to express something which is dear and close to you. From an idea, to concept, to gathering chapters for the movie, it is a long time and often it might be buried along the way. With photography is like a bookmark in a book, you come back and refresh it or have a new revelation and express it.
I was thinking in the same vein when perusing my own photos. I really enjoy photos combining images, reflections and shadows. Very heavy in details and freezing on multiple plans different pieces of life. The juxtaposition of background, reflections and shadows is a subject I (completely aware of the urge) captured for many years.
I have been collecting them in mini-folders on my website, and sometimes write down the initial or after thoughts for making that picture, because I believe in the process of making/creating a picture instead of just being a witness at the opportune time.
For now, just enjoy a picture I called it "Just passing by". I don't know which is the focal point in the photo, the shadows of two people stopped to take in the landscape basked in an incredible light, the sky and the water or just the concept that we are just passengers on the earth, like shadows in the day.

Comments