This post is to complain, complain, complain...
I'm a software engineer, senior, I'd say, and my continuous gripe for at least a few years is about software development cycles, methodologies and implementations. And I'm contracting ...., no strings attached.
I would like to work in a real "software engineering" environment, people caring about what they deliver, how they deliver and proud of their work. It didn't happen for a long, long time. People are complacent, eager for a short, good buck, learning the politic ladder in corporations and teaming for a net social environment where their laziness to be protected.
I had stepped up in a small company, manufacturing an embedded hardware device, struggling to implement a perpetual tcp/ip protocol for communication. I don't want to mention about sophisticated and complicated development cycles here, I want to expose simple, normal ways (agile) to lighten your life. But let's continue, it's hard to debug embedded systems, tools are precarious, software is rudimentary, you have to build your own tools or adapt what you have to simulate field deployments.
Dear software coworkers, please read some papers, read some articles, use your brain, life is too short for THESE STUPID DECISIONS MADE AT THE MANAGERS' LEVEL!
to be continued ....
P.S I have a lot of other stories, but I would like to continue with the mentioned company, it’s too dear to me.
Comments