Photo by sarandy westfall on Unsplash
It might be that we will have a short time-span together for undiscovered/undisclosed to the other reasons. I wasn't compatible with all my long term relationships 100%, but the common ratio was enough to color our life and have incredible memories. I cringe to my youth mistakes and I will slap the 30 years old I was, but at the time nobody was around to teach me the importance of relationships, empathy, really having time for my partner. And maybe shared has a different meaning for each of us. Do you think you opened a little bit more than usual you, by responding to my posts? I put everything on paper because life drove me through places, inside and outside me. I am freer because life is fragile and short and living under a shell is not worth it. We have a short life span to leave a mark around people we care about.
It might be as well that these texts to be the only ones left between us, who knows, but the most unforgivable thing for me would be to not try and discover who are you, if there is more than sex appeal and physical attraction.
Maybe you are just a boring mom, afraid to be looked down of not being able to find a partner and always comparing you with other women. You definitely got the message of the dating sites - body shape DOES matter. Being old and presentable will push you at the front of the pack. What (maybe) it did not cross your mind is the fact you are competing in an age segment (40 to 50) with women much younger than you and therefore is the total package which counts. I might have scared you as too forthcoming, as you were used to a slow dance with your previous dates. And rough edges like "you are hot" and other trivial compliments are not in my "arsenal". And honestly I met hotter women, younger obviously, and still wasn't impressed. It has to be more than skin, charm, wits, intelligent ideas exchanged and the surprise factor. After a certain age women become complacent and consider their experience and look as valuable. When the tough time comes there is only a withered face remaining. I am afraid to come as "too much" for you, as "too textual" and in the end to not find the connections I believe may be having with you. One of us may be disappointed, or some things might be an infallible barrier, who knows, only spending some time together we will discover (if any) our incompatibilities. What is life after the flame? Maybe our priorities in life are not in sync, maybe there are believes not anchored in the reality spectrum for each other, I don't know, but I am excited to start somehow and reach out. I hope for open souls and clear communications, at least.
In the end, even if I am ripped by the reality I prefer it to anything else, so please be blunt if the love of your life is knocking on your door. One of us should taste that feeling, if you didn't already until now.
If we consume the flame I assume we will leave in each other a nice memory, even if it is only in our minds. I hope that it will serve you well in other relationships and me as well. When/if we will go apart a big hug will be the last sensual print in our adventure.

Comments