Writing as breathing
OrThoughts dumping
OrFree wheeling writing
The whole concept of starting by listening to your breathing and then leaving your mind to spit out thoughts and ideas and images and hidden wishes and dreams and memories and people as characters and ... is nauseating.
The implicit statement is that you can be able to do it, like everyone was born a writer or trained to release the mind valve and put words out from the inner life. Are we all capable of that? What is the purpose, just leave it out in the open? How do you make use of it by reading it? It is like an expectoration of thoughts and then who is able to inspect it (to be captured by the words or the tempo or the images).
I started "back in the game" just to anchor feelings and raw emotions, just to freeze them on paper and analyze them as (maybe) deeper/unknown desires I cannot manage to unearth just by thinking of. It is harmless for any reader or third person. The words may resonate with others and can see "normality" in my expressions but where I think I diverge from others are the images projected by my feelings. I always thought that my writing has a "cinematic" streak, or may be self-infatuation.
Then I was reading about meditation, and the wrong conviction that is almost about tuning-out self and just focusing on silence and or breathing or an innate object. But it seems I was wrong, meditation is about being acutely in present and absorbing with focus the current life. It is about living with a more visible perception of the world around you - just reading one chapter of "Go Wild" by John Ratey. Mindfulness is more about "awareness" than tuning out outside world. Meditation, as measured through EEG (electroencephalogram), is present (it seems) to people living in the wild, not necessarily manifested as we know it. It is self tuning to the life and observing its impact on you and environment in general.
Coming back to the title of the post, writing as breathing, would mean being aware of the world as reflected by my mind and let it spit out my impressions as an observer of life. How tuned am I, how much a keen observer to decipher and interpret life as it happens? Am I simple an actor or may be an instigator to what happens with me?
When are the events coming too fast for you to put them in context and in the same time to interpret them in your life? Are you driven by your judgements and prejudices in being aware or are you just "pick-and-discard" only what is aligned with your current view of the world? When the "accumulation" of data starts to create a change in your awareness and image about world? When the learning process happens, or the creative-destruction? Are you as well aware of those changes based on the life as it streams towards you?
Is the learning/moving from current state to another state, part of the "meditation" process or you are doing it in the "quiet" times - maybe even sleep. The transition in awareness cannot happen in the same time as you are taking it in.
Comments